Nice title does it?
No but seriously, tell it to my boss.
but seriously-Seriously, in this article we are gonna talk about Python, and no, i’m not talking about the snake (thankfully, i’m terrified of them), we are going to talk and discuss the (probably) most famous, modern, and most innovative programming language out there right now.
Python is an interpreted high-level programming language, Guido Van Rossum began writing and designing the program since the late 80’s, but, the first, official, “Raw” was released in 1991 as version 0.9.0, it is, an OOP language like Java.
The Python.org is the official website revolving around it, you can browse through the forums and discuss with others, try searching for jobs and even read news relevant to Python.
What makes Python so different from others you ask? well, my friends, let’s dive in :
- Firstly, it’s much more “Readable” – and easy to understand, it’s not some “Mumbo-Jumbo-Robot-Language” we write and then have no idea what we just did, did you know, that the use of significant indentation reduces headaches? (trust me, based on my personal experience), Python has a simple syntax similar to the English language.
- Python can be used on a server to create web applications – thought we can use it to only create softwares and other OS-based apps? Python can be used on a server to create web applications (server-side).
- Software development – as mentioned before, we can use Python to create applications and softwares, even video games! (did you know that the favorites: Battlefield 2 and The Sims 4 were created with Python?).
- Calculating – like many other programming languages, we can use Python as a tool for calculations in mathematics or any other subject we’re too lazy to think in ourselves since Python can handle.
- Python can connect to database systems – it can also read and modify files.
- It helps the lazy ones – to those tired Devs between us, Python has syntax that allows developers to write programs with fewer lines than some other programming languages, less writing – less effort.
- Anticipating the latter – Python runs on an interpreter system, meaning that code can be executed as soon as it is written. This means that prototyping can be very quick.
Python has many IDE’s, ranging from Eclipse to NetBeans and Microsoft Visual Studio code :
One of the greatest things we can do using Python is “Machine Learning” :
- In Machine Learning we create the option that a computer can now learn, draw conclusions and react based on certain input we insert to it.
- Machine Learning is a step into the direction of artificial intelligence (AI), creating intelligence that actually “thinking” in their own, much like humans!
- By learning and drawing conclusions, the computer can predict results that, us humans, can’t, it won’t get tired (unlike the Devs), and it won’t get “confused”, remember – computer rarely makes mistakes.
So, why am i writing about it in a forum related to Cyber-Sec?
Well, like many other languages and thing that suppose to bring us joy, evil people have found ways to use it for their own malicious-intents, for example – Scapy.
Scapy is an open-source program written in Python by Philippe Biondi, this is a program that enables the user to send, sniff and dissect and forge network packets, this program has the ability to attack networks by writing scripts!
This capability allows construction of tools that can probe, scan or attack networks.
o make sure your site, or any other form of Web-App is secured, i recommend you to use Kayran (and i heard they are really good!).
Stay safe, Choose Kayran.